Friday 9 September 2011

Feeling Blue


I think it is important that I point out straight off the mark that I rarely purchase expensive nail polishes, largely because after trying a gazillion brands in my salon I rarely found they faired any better than less expensive brands, it's all down to the application my loves!

However, from time to time I see a polish in the press and think, "Hmmm, I've nothing else like that," and this post is dedicated to such a polish. The polish in question is Chanel's Blue Satin from the 2008 collection, a luxurious deep blue with just the perfect amount of shimmer. This polish applies beautifully with two coats and it is also the colour I have received the most compliments on, good enough for anyone, right??

Of course, being a dark colour it requires a steady application technique, unless you like spending hours cleaning up later, I know I don't. If there's a trick to be had it's up my sleeve, so to speak, so if anyone is interested in a dark colour application tutorial then let me know.

Whilst Blue Satin was from the 2008 collection you can still purchase it online if you look hard enough, for a bumped up price naturally, afterall, it's Chanel darling!

1 comment:

  1. I love this colour! You're right about the steady application though.

    http://ivefallenoutwithmyjeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete