Sunday 18 September 2011

Rock it baby!

Now THIS is what I call a nail polish, in fact....no....I can't say it....can I? Oh go on then, I think it's my favourite!! *does excited shudder*

A couple of years ago I entered the Illamasqua nail polish competition and this is the exact colour I put forward for consideration, what with them being an alternative cosmetics co I thought they'd jump at it, they didn't, I'm not bitter, honestly.

Way back in the day I was a goth, not one of the watered down type you see today, velour doesn't cut it, it has to be velvet and preferably Victorian velvet ( I had all my clothes made for me using Victorian dresses and coats). Anyway, ramble ramble ramble, I used to wear a polish by Miss Selfridge which was very similar to this, different colours were not so easy to find in the 80's as they are now, and I loved it, then they stopped making it and I kid you not I've never found a dupe for it....until now!

The polish is by Revlon and is very aptly called Rock. Application was so so but I couldn't care less because the colour is so lush.

If you know of any similar dark purple creme dupes let me know!

Marks out of 10?... erm, 9, would have been a 10 if the application had been better. It's a YES from me!!

I'm now going to sing Moonchild by Fields of the Nephilim.

No comments:

Post a Comment