Wednesday 21 September 2011

Old Glamour

I think one of my favourite nail looks is from the 50's when the shape was long, slim, oval and red, to me it screams elegance and sophistication and I don't think it has really ever gone out of fashion.

A lot of my older clients in the salon would ask for this look and I always loved the finished effect, it is just so classy.

Revlon have recently re released their 1952 'Fire & Ice' polish, with a new advert featuring Jessica Biel posing in exactly the same way as the 1952 advert, I must say I prefer the shape of nails in the older advert, they seem slimmer.

My take on this look can be seen below using Fire & Ice - All Fired Up. I feel I should be wearing a black satin evening gown, matching stilleto shoes and my hair pinned with diamanté a la Lucille Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment