Saturday 10 September 2011

In pursuit of the perfect pink


I got very excited this week when I spotted this pink polish, and here is why...

I have searched, in vain, for the perfect pink nail polish for what seems like, and probably is, years. For some reason I always find them too red, too blue, too Barbie, I'm never satisfied. So, back to this polish, I looked, as I do every week, and there it was, staring at me, a thing of beauty. I quickly snatched it up and put it in my basket, making sure there was nobody else about to steal away my star find ( there were about 10 bottles on the shelf, go figure). The polish is Rimmel - Hot Shot.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when, in the excitement of applying, I discovered two things about it I really don't like *rolls eyes*.

Firstly the application is diabolical, and whilst it was a fairly inexpensive buy, that's no excuse for a patchy finish, I had to apply three coats which is a big no no for JoJo.

Secondly, the colour is, well, not right, it lives in the 'too blue' camp.

So, my quest continues. I secretly think I don't really want to find the perfect pink as my quest has become somewhat of a hobby.

So....my pursuit continues. Can you recommend your perfect pink? You never know, one day I might like one!

No comments:

Post a Comment